Terms & Conditions
As a guest of Relaxaway Holiday Homes in Queenstown, you'll experience the best of Queenstown from the luxury of your private holiday house or apartment. Relaxaway staff are on hand to assist with any queries and requests - we want you to enjoy your stay in Queenstown as much as we love living here!
Guest Terms & Conditions
Currency and taxes
All prices are in NZ dollars and include GST (NZ sales tax).
Payment and cancellation policy
- A 20% non-refundable deposit is required on all bookings made more than 30 days in advance of your stay to confirm your reservation
- Bookings made within 30 days of arrival require full payment at the time of booking
- Cancellations that occur within 30 days of arrival will incur the total accommodation cost
- A cleaning fee will be added automatically and is included in the total amount shown. This charge varies between $125 - $750 depending on the property booked.
- We accept payment via Visa and MasterCard only. A 2.5% processing fee is charged on all credit/debit card transactions.
- If you hold a New Zealand bank account, you may pay the balance of your booking via internet transfer to avoid credit card fees, however, the deposit must be paid via credit card. Please advise Relaxaway if you wish to pay the balance via internet transfer. Please note this is for New Zealand account holders only.
- Changes to your reservation dates can be made up to 30 days prior to your arrival for a fee of NZD $75 incl GST
- We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance to protect your holiday from any unforeseen events or circumstances which may affect your travel plans. Refunds are not applicable in the event of natural disasters or environmental issues out of our control. In certain circumstances, a partial refund or credit may be payable at the property owner's discretion only.
- Please note we do not accept payment via prepaid multi-currency cards due to daily fluctuations in currency exchange rates
We require you to complete an online check-in registration on our guest portal prior to arrival. You will be prompted approximately 30 days prior to arrival to complete this. Depending on the booking channel in which you have booked, we may require you to upload a copy of your ID & credit/debit card used so that we can check the name on your credit/debit card matches the name on your ID. This protects us against credit card fraud. We also require your credit card details for the pre-authorisation of the security bond on the day of arrival and your ID so we can check you are over 25 years of age as per our Terms and Conditions.
Security is important to us and your details are stored on a secure storage server with industry-standard encryption. Information is automatically deleted after the required retention period. Relaxaway Holidays Homes is PCI Compliant.
If you are not comfortable with this process, you are welcome to check-in in person at our offices located in central Queenstown on the day of your arrival. Our office is open 8.30am - 5pm, Mon - Fri and we are located at 10 Athol Street. We can then provide you with your arrival instructions rather than emailing them to you prior to arrival. Please let us know if this is your preference.
If you do not complete your online check-in at least 3 days prior to your arrival you will incur a $75 admin fee.
A refundable security bond will be pre-authorised on your credit/debit card the day before your arrival or if you're arriving on the weekend this will be pre-authorised on the Friday prior. This hold varies between NZD $250 - $1,000 dependent on the property you have booked. This is released upon departure providing there has been no damage or excess cleaning charges incurred by the property during your stay. You will be notified within 3 days of departure of any appropriate charges. Funds will usually be released by your bank and appear on your card within 10 working days. Please note the security bond is in addition to the accommodation fee as quoted on our website.
Please note a $75 surcharge will be deducted from your security bond for excess rubbish or incorrect items placed in the rubbish/recycling bins. Please ensure you read the Touchstay Guestbook carefully to understand Queenstown's rubbish and recycling procedures.
Check-in time is from 3:00 PM on the date of your arrival.
Please ensure you have read and understood your arrival details in full, to ensure you are aware of how to access the property upon your arrival. Please notify Relaxaway immediately if there are any issues at the holiday home upon your check-in.
Should you require an early check-in this must be arranged prior to your arrival. We will endeavour to accommodate your request, but please understand this may not be possible. A surcharge of NZD $75 incl GST will apply to all early check-ins.
A Relaxaway agent is permitted to enter and view the condition of the property at all reasonable times.
Check-out is strictly 10:00am. Should you require a late check-out this must be arranged prior to your arrival. We will endeavour to accommodate your request, but please understand this may not be possible in busy periods as our cleaners need time to clean and prepare the property for guest arrival on the same day.
- A late check-out between 10:00am - 1:00pm will incur a surcharge of NZD $75 incl GST
- Check-outs later than 1:00pm on the day of departure will incur an additional tariff up to the equivalent of one night’s accommodation
Each property has specific occupancy limits which are strictly enforced and must be adhered to. The number of occupants is as per the reservation and may not be increased. As Relaxaway properties are private homes, you are required to respect quiet hours between 10pm and 7am. Increased occupancy, excessive noise or illegal activity may result in a penalty charge and eviction and forfeiture of all prepaid rental monies. Parties are not to be hosted in Relaxaway holiday homes. Any parties will result in eviction and forfeiture of the bond paid.
The premises may only be used for residential accommodation.
Minimum night stay
The majority of our properties have a 3-night minimum stay. All properties have a minimum stay of 5 nights over the Christmas and New Year period.
Long-stay deal policy
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
- Discount applies to the nightly rate only. The cleaning fee and refundable security bond are excluded from the offer.
- Relaxaway standard payment and cancellation policy applies to long-stay bookings
- Relaxaway holiday homes are privately managed holiday homes and not all properties partake in this promotion
- Long-stay deals do not apply over peak seasons
Offers and promotions
Discounts and promotions cannot be used in conjunction with another offer or promotion. Relaxaway holiday homes are privately managed holiday homes and not all properties partake in promotions.
Your email address will be shared with the specified third party (Happy Travels) for the sole purpose of fulfilling the intended communication, service, or transaction.
You consent to the sharing of your email address for the stated purpose. The third-party receiving your email address is responsible for treating it as confidential information and using it solely for the purpose agreed upon. They are not authorised to share or use your email address for any other reason.
Relaxaway holiday homes are not serviced during your stay. Should you require in-stay cleaning please advise us of the level of service required and its frequency and we can arrange a quote from our cleaners, which is required to be paid prior to your arrival.
Keys are stored in the lockbox on the property. Alternatively, your holiday home may have an automated keypad on the front door. You will be notified of the unique code for your stay prior to your arrival. If you misplace your key during your stay, a surcharge of NZD $150 incl GST will apply. Because of security considerations, failure to return keys may result in a charge to cover the changing of locks on the home.
Where appropriate we reserve the right to charge any surcharges against the credit card on file. Should the home be left in a state requiring greater than the standard cleaning service, the additional cleaning will be charged at cost plus 15%. All damages or missing articles will be charged at full replacement or repair cost plus 15%. Should more than the booked number of individuals stay on the premises Relaxaway reserves the right to charge an NZD $500 incl GST penalty in addition to correcting the daily rate to incorporate the additional guests.
- Special bedding configurations must be requested 7 days prior to your arrival. Any requests within this period will not be accepted.
- Extra beds as stated in the property description ie. a trundle or sofa bed incur a fee of $150 per stay and must be requested at least 7 days prior to your arrival.
- A pet surcharge of $250 per stay applies. Please enquire with us before you bring any pets along as not all of our homes are pet friendly. If we are not notified of pets at the property or find the house requires excess cleaning, you may incur a fee of up to $500 for deep cleaning.
- If you require any items left behind at your accommodation to be posted to you, you will be charged for the cost of postage plus an admin fee of NZD $25 incl GST.
- A 2.5% processing fee is charged on all credit/debit card transactions
- If you require a Property Manager or Maintenance Manager to attend a holiday home whilst you are inhouse for a non-emergency this may incur a surcharge if: 1.) No issue is found or 2.) The instructions provided have not been followed correctly. Charges are NZD $60 per hour plus any applicable fees associated.
Smoking is not permitted inside the property. Should smoke odours be detected additional cleaning and/or fumigation costs of NZD $350 incl GST will be charged.
Reservations are limited to persons over 25 years of age. All guests staying at the property unaccompanied by a parent or guardian must also be over the age of 25 years. We reserve the right at any stage to request photo identification from guests.
Health and safety
As a guest of Relaxaway Holiday Homes, it is your responsibility to familarise yourself with the potential hazards and hazardous areas/situations. All guests are required to practice all advised control methods to ensure no harm is caused to any persons staying at the property.
Relaxaway manages private homes. As such some properties may not be suitable for children or mobility-impaired individuals. Please evaluate the property details and check with us if you have any questions. Reservations cannot be refunded if on arrival a property is found to be unsuitable for your needs.
Changes and cancellations by Relaxaway Ltd
There are occasionally unforeseen occasions on which a booked property becomes unavailable. Should this occur Relaxaway will use its best endeavours to find suitable alternative accommodation or refund all charges. Should the Guest accept a substitute property of their choice, the Guest will pay or receive the difference in rate for the new property. No further compensation will be made or liable for. In the event of a property sale, Relaxaway reserves the right to cancel future bookings, however, will endeavour to relocate the reservation to a similar property in liaison with the guests.
Relaxaway does not accept liability for acts or omissions of third parties that may prevent or disrupt a guest’s booking. Information and descriptions are supplied in good faith. Certain features or facilities may not be available from time to time due to circumstances beyond our control, for which Relaxaway accept no responsibility. No liability can be accepted by Relaxaway for any injury, loss, or damage to the guest or guest’s property or any visitor to the rental property, arising out of or in connection to the use of the rental property.
The guest agrees by the payment of the deposit to be bound by these terms and conditions. They also authorise booking agents to release to Relaxaway credit/debit card details and authorise Relaxaway to charge the credit/debit card for additional cleaning, damage, loss, and other charges as detailed in these terms and conditions.