Terms & Conditions
As a guest of Relaxaway Holiday Homes in Queenstown, you'll experience the best of Queenstown from the luxury of your private holiday house or apartment. Relaxaway staff are on hand to assist with any queries and requests - we want you to enjoy your stay in Queenstown as much as we love living here!
Guest Terms & Conditions
Currency and taxes
All prices are in NZ dollars and include GST (NZ sales tax).
COVID- 19 – Extenuating Circumstances
· If government directed Alert Levels change and you are no longer able to travel to Queenstown, we are happy for your to change your booking dates or any funds paid to your booking will be held as a credit to be booked within 12 months and stay within 24 months of the original booking date.
· If guests are unable to enter the country due to border closures, the deposit or balance paid will be held as a credit to be booked within 12 months and stay within 24 months of the original booking date.
· The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival, this will be automatically charged to the guest’s credit card on file. Therefore, it is recommended that if borders are still closed 30 days prior to your arrival you cancel your reservation.
If you have booked through an external OTA/Booking portal the credit amount will be less the portal commission.
Payment and cancellation policy
· A 20% non-refundable deposit is required on all bookings made more than 30 days in advance of your stay to confirm your reservation.
· Bookings made within 30 days of your stay require full payment at time of booking.
· Cancellations which occur within 30 days of arrival will incur the total accommodation cost.
· We accept payment via Visa and MasterCard only. A 2.5% processing fee is charged on all credit card transactions.
· If you hold a New Zealand bank account, you may pay the balance of your booking via internet transfer to avoid credit card fees, however the deposit must be paid via credit card. Please advise Relaxaway if you wish to pay the balance via internet transfer. Please note this is for New Zealand account holders only.
· Changes to your reservation dates can be made up to 30 days prior to your arrival for a fee of NZD $75 incl GST
· We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance to protect your holiday from any unforeseen events or circumstances which may affect your travel plans. Refunds are not applicable in the event of natural disasters or environmental issues out of our control. In certain circumstances, a partial refund or credit may be payable at owner discretion only.
A refundable security bond is charged to your credit card on the day of your arrival. This varies between NZD $250 - $1,000 dependent on the property you have booked. This is refunded upon departure providing there has been no damage or excess cleaning charges incurred by the property during your stay. You will be notified within 3 days of departure of any appropriate charges. Refunds will be processed within 7 days of your departure and reimbursed via the same method as original payment was made.
Check-in time is from 2:00 PM on the date of your arrival.
Please ensure you have read and understood your arrival details fully, to ensure you are aware of how to access the property upon your arrival. Please notify Relaxaway immediately if there are any issues at the holiday home upon your check-in.
Should you require an early check-in this must be arranged prior to your arrival. We will endeavour to accommodate your request, but please understand this may not be possible. A surcharge of NZD $75 incl GST will apply to all early check-ins.
A Relaxaway agent is permitted to enter and view the condition of the property at all reasonable times.
Check-out is strictly 10:00am. Should you require a late check-out this must be arranged prior to your arrival. We will endeavour to accommodate your request, but please understand this may not be possible in busy periods as our cleaners need time to clean and prepare the property for guest arrival on the same day.
- A late check-out of 1:00pm will incur a surcharge of NZD $75 incl GST
- Check-outs later than 1:00pm on the day of departure will incur an additional tariff up to the equivalent of one night’s accommodation
Each property has specific occupancy limits which are strictly enforced and must be adhered to. The number of occupants is as per the reservation and may not be increased. As Relaxaway properties are private homes, you are required to respect quiet hours between 8pm and 7am. Increased occupancy, excessive noise or illegal activity may result in a penalty charge and eviction and forfeiture of all prepaid rental monies. Parties are not to be hosted in Relaxaway holiday homes. Any parties will result in eviction and forfeiture of the bond paid.
The premises may only be used for residential accommodation
Relaxaway holiday homes are not serviced during your stay. Should you require in-stay cleaning please advise us the level of service required and its frequency and we can arrange a quote from our cleaners, which is required to be paid prior to your arrival.
Keys are stored in the lockbox on the property. Alternatively, your holiday home may have an automated keypad on the front door. You will be notified of the unique code for your stay prior to your arrival. If you misplace your key during your stay, a surcharge of NZD $75 incl GST will apply plus an hourly charge rate of NZD $69 per hour incl GST. Because of security considerations, failure to return keys may result in a charge to cover the changing of locks on the home.
Where appropriate we reserve the right to charge any surcharges against the credit card on file. Should the home be left in a state requiring greater than the standard cleaning service, the additional cleaning will be charged at cost plus 15%. All damages or missing articles will be charged at full replacement or repair cost plus 15%. Should more than the booked number of individuals stay in the premises Relaxaway reserves the right to charge a NZD $500 incl GST penalty in addition to correcting the daily rate to incorporate the additional guests.
Special bedding configurations must be requested 7-days prior to your arrival. Any requests outside of this period will not be accepted.
If you require any items left behind at your accommodation to be posted to you, you will be charged for the cost of postage plus an admin fee of NZD $25 incl GST.
A 2.5% processing fee is charged on all credit card transactions.
Smoking is not permitted inside the property. Should smoke odours be detected additional cleaning and/or fumigation costs of NZD $350 incl GST will be charged.
Reservations are limited to persons over 25 years of age. All guests staying at the property unaccompanied by a parent or guardian must also be over the age of 25 years. We reserve the right at any stage to request photo identification from guests.
Health and Safety
As a guest of Relaxaway Holiday Homes, it is your responsibility to familarise yourself with the potential hazards and hazardous areas/situations. A list of these are outlined in the property compendium folder which can be found at the property. All guests are required to practise all advised control methods to ensure no harm is caused to any persons staying at the property.
Relaxaway manages private homes. As such some properties may not be suitable for children or mobility-impaired individuals. Please evaluate the property details and check with us if you have any questions. Reservations cannot be refunded if on arrival a property is found to be unsuitable for your needs.
Changes and cancellations by Relaxaway Ltd
There are occasionally unforeseen occasions on which a booked property becomes unavailable. Should this occur Relaxaway will use its best endeavours to find suitable alternative accommodation or refund all charges. Should the Guest accept a substitute property of their choice, the Guest will pay or receive the difference in rate for the new property. No further compensation will be made or liable for. In the event of a property sale, Relaxaway reserves the right to cancel future bookings, however, will endeavour to relocate the reservation to a similar property in liaison with the guests.
Relaxaway do not accept liability for acts or omissions of third parties that may prevent or disrupt a guest’s booking. Information and descriptions are supplied in good faith. Certain features or facilities may not be available from time to time due to circumstances beyond our control, for which Relaxaway accept no responsibility. No liability can be accepted by Relaxaway for any injury, loss, or damage to the guest or guest’s property or any visitor to the rental property, arising out of or in connection to use of the rental property.
The guest agrees by the payment of the deposit to be bound by these terms and conditions. They also authorise booking agents to release to Relaxaway credit card details and authorise Relaxaway to charge the credit card for additional cleaning, damage, loss and other charges as detailed in these terms and conditions.